Saturday, April 29, 2017

Craft Along with GIY: Outdoors

The theme for this month's Craft Along with GIY is Outdoors. For my project, I made a bird bath.

For the base, I used a large candlestick from the thrift store.
For the bowl, I used a ceramic bowl from the thrift store. I forgot to take a "before" picture (bad blogger!).

I glued the bowl to the candlestick to create the bird bath, then spray painted it purple.

The bath was top heavy and needed a heavier base to stabilize it. I glued it to a large ceramic tile.

I placed the bird bath in my back yard. Burying the tile base in the river rock covered the tile and made the bath very stable.

I added some black, purple, and white decorative rocks to the bowl, then added water.

The weather is currently throwing a snow tantrum , so the bird bath isn't likely to get any use today... unless some penguins wander by. ;)


To share your Craft Along with GIY project:
1.  Add the Craft Along with GIY icon to your blog post. Link the icon to this page:
http://gothityourself.blogspot.com/p/craft-along-with-giy.html
2.  Leave a comment with a link to your project. If you're not a blogger, you can link to your webpage, Instagram, or anywhere else readers can see it. (Please link directly to the project page.)

Late tomorrow, April 30, I will compile the links on the Craft Along with GIY page.

14 comments:

  1. Oh no! Wow! I am a little envious of the snow you are getting. My eldest loves snow, but in the desert, we rarely get snow. Still, I like the lovely bird bath you made. Hopefully, the snow clears up soon, so the birds can have fun in their new bird bath.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This past winter was so warm, I felt cheated out of winter. So I'm happy to have one last (little) snowfall.

      Delete
  2. Wow, that look amazing it's brilliant idea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My post http://www.talesfromageordiegoth.co.uk/2017/04/faries-lurking-at-bottom-of-garden.html

      Delete
  3. Purple is such a great colour! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Update this post when a raven stops by! The purple stones are a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might need to upsize for a raven. ;) A pair of crows nested in my tree last year, though.

      Delete
  5. It looks great! I love the colourful pebbles in the water. Enjoy your bit of winter, the birds will still have time to use the bath.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The snow has already melted and we'll have bath-friendly temperatures in a day or two. :)

      Delete